Back in the Spring I had to fly with our two boys on my own (then 2 1/2 years and 6 months). I was extremely nervous about how I was going to juggle everything, being as I am a mother with only two arms and unfortunately in this circumstance, not an octopus! I decided to buy a cute little backpack to use instead of my diaper bag so that I had one less thing I needed to worry about carrying. It worked out awesome! I could hold my older son’s hand on one side and carry my baby in the other arm, without the diaper bag constantly slipping off my shoulder. I used it as my purse the entire time we were away and now I actually use it when I am out and about without the kids all the time.
Backpacks are so cute and they are available in all colours, styles and price ranges. I have rounded up a collection of various priced mini backpacks, including a few that I am probably going to be purchasing (lol) to a couple that I wish were hanging in my closet!
My backpack (sold out in pink but still available in black)
1. Ted Baker London Mini Jarvis Leather Backpack | Nordstrom
2. Canvas Blue Stripe- Merona
3. Aldo Midnight Black Embroidered
4. Matt & Nat ‘Brave’ Faux Leather
5. MARC JACOBS Mini Biker Backpack (Nordstrom Exclusive) | Nordstrom
6. Rebecca Minkoff Medium Julian Metallic
7. Alonte Midnight Black Women’s Handbags | ALDO Canada
8. Tommy Bahama Siesta Key Backpack | Nordstrom
9. Rhea Large Leather Backpack | Michael Kors
10. Kate Spade Back to School
11. Faux Leather Fringe Backpack
12. Matt & Nat Fabi Vintage
13. Retreat Backpack | Herschel Supply Company
14. Matt & Nat Lawrence Loom
15. Matt & Nat Mumbai Dwell
16. Sole Society Faux Leather Backpack | Nordstrom
17. Amici Accessories Ring Handle Backpack | Nordstrom
18. Original Hunter Nylon Mini
19. Faux Leather Forever 21
20. Under One Sky White & Black Target
What do you think about this little backpack trend? I would love to hear any of your comments.
Thank you for reading!
One of our favourite Spring/ Summer activities to do as a family is to go strawberry picking. We are pretty lucky where we live, in that we have a few local fields to choose from. So far this year we have only made it to Krause Berry Farms as the U-Pick fields were delayed due to the extended cold and wet weather we were having earlier here in the lower mainland. My oldest son LOVES berries and digging in the dirt, so it is literally one of the perfect activities for him. It is a great way to get the kids outside and they love knowing that they are eating the strawberries they picked themselves!
My outfit details: Overalls // Shoes // Tank
I seriously love these overalls & I own this tank in almost every colour… :))
Another great thing about most U-Picks is they have expanded beyond just berry picking. Krause for instance, has a winery and restaurant, market (if you prefer to buy already picked berries) bakery and playground for the kids. We can easily spend a few hours there! I am looking forward to whipping up all sorts of yummy things with all of our fresh berries, stay tuned!
I would love to hear what some of your favourite family friendly activities are if you want to leave me a note in the comments.
Thank you for reading!