We threw my son’s first birthday party a couple of weekends ago. I felt that I needed to make my girlfriends something yummy to drink to thank them for coming to celebrate with us on a beautiful, sunny Summer Saturday so I whipped up a big batch of pink sangria. Being as it was a huge bowl that we were not able to get through, there was a bit leftover so I decided to turn it into “adult popsicles!”
- Bottle of Wine
- 3 cups of Vodka
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 4 cups of water (to cut some of the sweetness)
- 2 cans of lemon Sanpellegrino- I like it to have a bit of fizz
- 1 frozen can of juice (I used Strawberry Fruitpoia because that is what I had in my freezer!)
(Please remember this made a GIANT punchbowl full of Sangria!)
- Place all of your berries in a bowl & pour vodka overtop (I like to leave my fruit to soak overnight in the fridge)
- In a large punch bowl (or pitcher) pour in the wine
- Add fruit mixture & vodka to your bowl
- Pour in frozen juice, water & sanpellegrino
- Stir to mix all the yumminess together & enjoy over ice!
I’ve found that sangria will usually keep for up to 48 hours in the fridge, but in this case I had just enough to pour it into 6 popsicle molds…. They were delicious and super simple to make! The only tricky part was explaining to my children why they couldn’t eat “Mommy’s popsicles”… lol!
Popsicle Cheers :))
Thank you for reading!